Health and Safety
Health and safety is at the forefront of every decision we make. Concern for health and safety is integral to all Joyner Group activities.
It is the policy of Joyner Group to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees, and the health and safety of other persons who may be affected by its activities. The organisation will take steps to ensure that its statutory duties are met at all times.
The Organisation’s Responsibilities
The organisation will ensure that:
- All processes and systems of work are designed to take account of health and safety and are properly supervised at all times
- A member of senior management maintains specific responsibility for health and safety
- Competent people are appointed to assist us in meeting our statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outside of the organisation
- All employees are consulted on matters relating to health, safety and welfare
- Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable employees to raise issues of health and safety
- Each employee will be given such information, instruction and training as is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities
- All arrangements are brought to employees’ attention and are monitored and reviewed to ensure that they are effective.
Employees must ensure that they:
- Co-operate with management to enable all statutory duties to be complied with
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Familiarise themselves with the health and safety arrangements that apply to them and their work functions.